General Public Health Websites
- BAM (Body and Mind) A CDC project, BAM gives answers to questions about fitness, nutrition, disease, peer pressure and several other health concerns.
- BrainPOP - Health An array of information and animated movies on health and other academic disciplines is available for students and teachers.
- CDC Blog A blog from Dr. Jay M. Bernhardt, Director of the National Center for Health marketing on the latest in the world of public health.
- Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) The purpose of the CIDRAP is to prevent illness and death from infectious diseases through epidemiologic research and the rapid translation of scientific information into real-world practical applications and solutions.
- Centers for Public Health Education and Outreach (CPHEO) The CPHEO promotes lifelong learning to bridge academic and public health practice communities and provides national leadership in developing educational programs, online courses, and managing training outreach.
- Environmental Protection Agency - High School Website This site offers up information that you need to know about the environment and how students can help protect it.
- Environmental Protection Agency Student Center - Kid Website This website is chock-full of games, pictures, and stories to help kids explore their environment and learn how to protect it.
- ExploreHealthCareers.org This website gives students a reliable and comprehensive source of accurate, up-to-date information about the health professions.
- KidsHealth The Nemours Foundation's Center for Children's Health provides current information about child development, nutrition and fitness, preventative health care, and diseases and conditions for children, teens, and parents.
- Learn About Chemicals Around Your House The website features an interactive house tour to teach kids about what kinds of chemicals are in the household products in their homes.
- Lifeworks is an interactive career exploration website for middle and high school students. Users can generate a customized list of careers especially tailored for their individual skills and interests.
- Mount Sinai Children's Environmental Health Center The Mount Sinai's department of Community and Preventative Medicine in New York is renowned for its work in children's environmental health, occupational medicine, epidemiologic research, and disease prevention.
- New York Department of Health Diseases and Conditions Information on diseases, viruses, conditions and prevention.
- Pandemic Flu... What to do, What to do A website by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences on the basics of pandemic flu and how to prepare for it.
- Pathways Minnesota Public Health Workforce This website from the Minnesota Department of Health describes existing governmental public health workforce and identifies key messages to encourage people to get advanced education in public health.
- Public Health Expertise Network of Mentors (PHENOM) This site provides SCSU's Department of Public Health faculty, current students, and people interested in the field of Public Health with an online resource bank of professional public health expertise.
- WHO Programmes and Projects This database lists World Health Organization programs, partnerships and other projects in alphabetical order.
Job Search Engines